Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Yield: 12-14 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup of sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Whisk the flour, salt and baking powder together. Set aside.
- Cream the cold butter and brown sugar together by beating them until they are smooth in a stand mixer. If you don’t have a stand mixer beat vigorously by hand in a large mixing bowl or combine them in a food processor.
- Add the corn syrup, egg and vanilla and continue beating until well combined. Scrape down the bowl and gradually add the flour mix, beating just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and shredded coconut with a spoon.
- Line cookie tray with parchment paper and using a spoon scoop out a ball of the dough and drop onto cookie tray. Flatten slightly. Repeat leaving lots of room in between the balls for the cookies to expand.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Cool for two minutes on a cookie sheet and then ENJOY!
You can leave out the chocolate chips and coconut for plain cookies (my personal favourite), or leave out the coconut for chocolate chip version.