I’m sorry I haven’t been posting. I have a new active blog called Funny But Not Really. This blog is being written with my friend Emily and I. Please check this out because I will no longer be posting on this.
I forgot to post this on the actual birthday…. Again… I’m sorry… Anyways, I would like to say happy birthday to my best friend Griffen! He was mentioned in Shout Out #1 and Shout Out #1/2. Here’s a link to the posts:
For his birthday present, I’ll advertise one of his videos.
Your Welcome. LOL. Happy Birthday Gip.
I got my iPhone 4 a couple months ago. I started playing Subway Surfer, Jetpack Joyride, Temple Run, and Tap Tap Revenge. I was tired of playing same old games over and over again. Bored, I asked my friends Nation and Elena what they play. They told me to try out Tiny Tower and Pocket Planes by Nimblebit. So I did. Right now I could say that I’m doing pretty well with these 2 games. In Tiny Tower, I have 109 floors, 205 “Bitizens”, 193 dream jobs, the fastest elevator, about 2 000 000 coins, and about 500 bux. In Pocket Planes, I’m Level 12, I have 11 planes, about 100 000 coins, about 50 bux, and 25 airports. Having these accomplishments, there’s not that many things to do anymore. Tiny Tower-rent, collect, stock, build, rent, collect, stock, build, rent, collect stock….zzzz…..zzzz….zzzz…. Pocket Planes-board, fly, wait, board, fly, wait, board, fly, build an airport, wait, board, fly, build a plane, wait….zzzz….zzzz….zzzz…. Then I turn to Nation and Elena again and ask them, “THIS IS WHAT YOU DO ALL THE TIME?!? DO YOU EVER GET BORED?!?” Then they told me that they stopped playing it. A month ago!!! I didn’t ask them for any other games. It turns out that everyone plays those same games. Not anymore. I wonder what they play now…
Anyways, I started playing my Mom’s games. Or should I say game…She plays Bejeweled. At one point she got really hooked on it. Sometimes she zones out! After a while, she finally cut her playing time down. I started playing it, too. It was an OK game…. Moving on, I started looking on the app store myself!!! I was debating on what I should type in. I thought of what I love and came across “My Favourite Things” post. Volleyball…Uh…I don’t think you can play a good game of volleyball on your iPhone…Music. Perfect! I looked it up. I found this company called SMULE! I downloaded SMULE The Magic Piano, SMULE Sing Karaoke, SMULE Auto Rap, SMULE The Magic Guitar, SMULE The Magic Trumpet, and Cinebeat by SMULE! In the Magic Piano, you have to tap the glowing lights when they come to a specific place at the bottom of your screen. In Sing Karaoke, you get to sing karaoke solo, duet or even a group! In Auto Rap, all you had to do is say a phrase and it will turn into a rap. The Magic Guitar and The Magic Trumpet are the same as The Magic Piano but you’re just holding it a different way. Finally in Cinebeat, you make a 15 second music video. I deleted Auto Rap, The Magic Guitar, The Magic Trumpet, and Cinebeat. They were BORING. Well, to me. I still play these games but it was getting old. I looked up in the app store Restaurant and Cooking. I downloaded Street Food Tycoon, Order Up, Cafe Once Upon A Time, Bakery Story, and Papa’s Burgeria. My favourite games out of the Restaurant and Cooking category are Cafe Once Upon A Time and Papa’s Burgeria.
Since my sister’s games automatically transfer to mine, I decided to try them out. These games included Talking Tom, Talking Ben, Talking Angela, Talking Ginger, Toca Birthday Party, Toca Store, Toca Kitchen, Toca Hair Salon, Toca Hair Salon 2, Pepi Bath, Cut the Rope, Disney Boutique, Fix-It Felix, Mega Run, Fireball, Oz Run, Sally’s Salon, Sally’s Studio, Angry Birds, and The Croods. These games are actually OK. It was too repetitive and I was too old for them.
I gave up on games. I’m not playing much on my iPhone anymore. I’m only on YouTube, Safari, and Music. I have better things to do then stock floors, or pretend to cook food, or fly mini planes. My parents always said to me before I had an iPhone:
So your friends are 10 years old. They have an iPhone, an iPod, an iPad, a PS3, Facebook, a YouTube account, a laptop, and a blackberry… GO PLAY OUTSIDE!
This shout out goes to my 2 friends Naomi and Eliza.They recently started their own blog last month. Its called channelfashionmakeupfanpage.wordpress.com its a really long name but they are really fun! Their blog is a fan page for their instagram, channel fashion makeup! Please go check them out. They are all about fashion, makeup, and girl tips! SO PLEASE IF YOU WANT MAKEUP TIPS, THERE’S MAKEUP MONDAY! TUTORIALS? TUTORIAL TUESDAY! AND NEW FASHION? FASHION FRIDAYS! Learn from the two tween pros!
I have a lot of favourite things. Maybe we have things in common!
1. This is my favourite sport! Volleyball! I’ve been playing volleyball since grade 4. At that time, I didn’t know a thing about the sport. I tried out for the team anyways. It just so happened that I made the team! Our team was called “The Hurricanes”. I was 1 of the 3 grade 4s on the team. I was only nine years old on my very first team. My family is always so proud of me when I get chosen on a school team. But for this sport, I felt that my Mom was the proudest. She plays volleyball, too. She taught me most of what I know to to this very day. I remember my coaches. All of them. Ms. DeMello and Mrs. Ryan. My very first coaches. Every team in the district had to play 4 games against different schools. I remember that we won 3 out of 4 games. Since we won majority of the games, we went to the huge competition at a high school. We played schools that I didn’t even know about other than the ones we already played. I don’t remember how many games we won or lost, but I do know that I had a lot of fun for the first time on a team. The next year I was at a new school. We were called the Crusaders. My coach was Madame Chartrand. I was the only grade 5 who made the team. The rest of the team were grade 6s. Unfortunately, we only one either 1 or 2 games out of 4. One of the teams we faced was The Hurricanes. AWKWARD! My advantage was that I knew how they played. Before the grade six volleyball team, Madame Chartrand has passed away. She was the best coach ever and No one could replace her. I made the grade 6 volleyball team. We were OK at the beginning of the season but we got better. Our coaches were Madame Gloutinez and Ms. Gabrielli. We won only 1 game out of 3. (Only 3 games because one school didn’t have a team) The first game was against the undefeated team, the second game we won, and the last game we lost. The last game was nail-biting. We lost the first set barely, won the second set barely, and lost the last set miserably. I guess it was just overwhelming. Anyways, volleyball is my favourite sport. No doubt about it. I also take Pac-man, volleyball training sessions.
2. Music. I can’t live without it. I play a couple of instruments and I definitely want to learn more. Right now I play the guitar, recorder, piano, ukulele, and I sing. I got my guitar in October last year. It’s an acoustic, white and mini! They also have piggies on it! I’ve never taken a lesson before… I teach myself! My Godfather and Aunt play guitar, too and they teach me some tricks. I got a capo recently because I was getting tired of the same key. I also have an electric tuner but I know how to tune it by ear. I started playing the recorder in grade 3. It was part of the curriculum. Since I’m in grade 6, the songs we learn is a big change from Hot Cross Buns. My recent assessment was Bad Romance by Lady Gaga. ACED IT! Piano was the very first instrument I’ve ever learned. I started taking lessons in 2009. I don’t take lessons anymore but I print piano sheets off the Internet. Right now I’m working on If I Ain’t Got You by Alicia Keys. Ah. The ukulele. I recently got my PINK ukulele. Yup! It’s pink! I don’t need to take lessons for this 4-stringed mini guitar. The chords are so simple! The main chords use only 1-3 fingers! This is a great instrument for kids because it’s small, light, easy to play, and cheap! Well, the one I got was cheap. Right now I’m teaching my sister and my Dad. My Dad is doing well, I guess. His strumming is coming along but he only knows one chord which is C. C is the most simplest chord ever. Lastly is singing. If you know me, then you know this is my favourite passion. My friends say that I should try out for Canada’s Got Talent but I don’t think I’m ready yet… If I like a song, then I’m almost certain I will be jamming out on all my instruments to that song. I think I was 3 when I started singing. My parents said my first favourite song was Rastaman Chant by Bob Marley. I love still love that song. Anyways, my point is that I started singing at a young age. I also write songs! I just finished writing a song called Why. Some other songs are called Solid Revenge, Lost, and Rollercoaster. One day I would like to start a band. Music=Life.
3. Last but certainly not least…FOOD! I like what am I saying! I LOVE EATING! I like all types of food! My family and friends all know that! In California, my family and I went to the ESPN store and restaurant. I ordered Buffalo Barbeque wings. I think there were about 10 of them and I took some of my Uncle’s mashed potatoes. I ate it all. We also went to ihop! The International House Of Pancakes. I remember exactly what I ordered. 2 pancakes, 2 hash browns, 3 eggs, toast….Oh yeah, and s T-BONE!!!!! Finished most of it! Feeling like a boss. 😉 Nation took me to Mandarin once. Mandarin is a buffet. With Crab Legs. A LOT OF CRAB LEGS. Nation’s Dad and I were eating our hearts out. When I was on my 3rd plate of Crab Legs, Nation was already full! Also in Mandarin there was creme brulee. It was very disappointing. It wasn’t in those mini servings. It was in a glass container. It was a self-serve so all the top was gone 😦 . I’m still so mad about that. Oh and at Holiday parties… Don’t even get me started! I always feel bad for not leaving extras to take home… I eat a lot. I try to gain weight but I don’t know where all the food goes!!! I gotta go now… I have a turkey to eat 🙂
I made my school’s ‘Junior Girls Basketball Team of 2013’!!!!! I had two tryouts. The first tryout went terrible for me. Well, when it was happening it was. It was a Monday. I was trying out for the basketball team for the very first time and I was terrified. I was scared that I wouldn’t do well.
Anyways, the first drill was shooting. The coaches told us to grab a basketball and line up. The grade 8 assistants showed us how to shoot properly using the ‘BEEF’ and ‘Rainbow’ techniques. BEEF stands for Balancing the ball in your hands, Elbow should be right underneath the ball, Eyes should be focused at the net, and you always have to Follow through. The Rainbow Technique-close your left eye (if you’re right handed) and ‘put your right hand in the basket’. We did a shoot-around and that went well.
Next was dribbling. This drill was simple. All we had to do was dribble and walk forward then back. Next, we had to run and dribble. Everything was going well until we started a scrimmage. I wasn’t benched at first but after 5 minutes they put me out. They benched me. For the rest of the tryouts. Which was the longest 20 minutes of my life watching the rest of the girls double dribble, travel, foul, and shoot from UNDERNEATH the net.
After the tryouts I questioned. Why wouldn’t they put me in? I looked at the other girls that were benched with me. I had to think about it for a while to find out why they would bench us. I looked at what we had in common. Then it hit me. We’re all short. Just because we’re short it doesn’t mean we’re not good at sports. I mean, I think it’s mean to put out people that may be short but have talent. But the time I wasn’t benched, I was stealing the ball, running as fast as the wind, making lay-ups like there was no tomorrow, and not being a hog unlike some people. Also during that time, I also fell because somebody tripped me. I think that somebody was myself. LOL!
The next tryout was better. This tryout was SO fun. The first drill was kind of a one-on-one. We had to pick a partner and line up on the outside of the net. One person on the left and one on the right. The person on the right had to shoot it in the net while the person on the left had to guard them (play defense). My partner was Nation and it was really funny. Nation and I were doing great on offense but our defense could be better. Especially my defense because I’m short…
The next drill was HARD. I had a big disadvantage or should I say a short disadvantage. Rebounds. Just my luck, my partner was like 2 feet taller than me. Every rebound she got and I end up with a soar face from me jumping right at her elbow. She was REALLY tall…
Finally, the scrimmage. For the first 5 minutes I was benched. And I was feeling rejected. But after 5 minutes I got put in!!! Until I fell again. I was going to steal the ball from behind. I was running full speed and when I got there she ran the other way. I tripped over my own shoe and got a rug-burn. I had to sit out for a while. Then I thought, what am I thinking! I’m ruining my chance of being on a BASKETBALL team! Just suck it up and prove that you’ve got what it takes to be on a basketball team. You can do it… I got up and told them I’m ready to play. I didn’t ask if I could play again. I sucked it up and was aggressive. For the next couple minutes, it felt unbelievable. I was doing my best and my best was pretty good.
Guess what, pretty good will put you on the Junior Girls Basketball Team. My family was so proud of me. Especially my Godfather. He plays basketball, too. In fact, he helped me a lot with my sports. Him and my Dad practice basketball with me. What I learned during this experience is:
- You have to show that you want something and prove it. (For a sports team)
- Don’t think bad about something that could be either good or bad. For example, you could be benched because you were playing really good or bad. Look at the brighter side.
- BE PROUD OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS!!!